PIA Introduces New Designer Uniforms
Lahore; August 12, 2016
Passengers on board PIA’s inaugural Premier flight on 14th August will be welcomed by a cabin crew smartly attired in new uniforms created by a team of Pakistan’s top designers.
Pakistan International Airlines held a milestone event last year featuring some of the biggest names from Pakistan’s vibrant fashion industry to put together a fresh new look for the national carrier.
Dubbed as ‘The Runway Collection’, this pro-bono event saw designers collaborating to present their visions for PIA in true national spirit – with no cost to the airline. The initiative was spearheaded by Ms. Bunto Kazmi who brought together members of the fashion fraternity to give PIA ground, cabin and cockpit crew a makeover.The winning uniform design was unanimously selected by a panel of eminent judges who judged the designs based on functionality, individuality, creativity and aesthetic value. The winning design was divided into five categories and the chosen designers for each category are as follows:
1. Nomi Ansari for the women’s wear.
2. Sania Maskatiya for the scarf and apron
3. Omer Farooq for the menswear – modified by PIA
4. Ismail Farid for the accessories for both menswear and women’s wear
5. Yasmin Sheikh for the cape, gloves and handbags and her expertise in executing all the uniform.These new uniforms reflect PIA’s mission to bring about a “change in the sky”.
Complimentary limousine service for PIA Premier Business Class customers
PIA has arranged complimentary limousine service for PIA Premier Business Class customers upon their arrival at Heathrow airport. Spokesperson PIA said that this service would be available within a radius of 25 km from Heathrow airport and would be available from the first PIA Premier flight on 14th August.